Networking is such a wonderful thing….
I love networking for: meeting new people, meeting potential clients, growing my business, making friends and getting out of my comfort zone.
I tell people all the time about the crazy ways I get clients and meet people in general. They always want to hear more of my crazy networking ideas, so here is a list of creative ways to network!
- Social Media (duh!)
- Facebook: join groups, have conversations, meet people, reach out, comment on friend’s posts, private message, reconnect with older connections.
- LinkedIn: Send someone a note that has an interesting profile, job of interest to you, similar experience, or experience you desire – ask to have a virtual meet up for coffee.
- Mentor others – find someone to mentor
- Get a new mentor and/or coach
- Volunteer somewhere new
- Join a meetup – virtual or in person
- Go somewhere new, alone – see what happens
- Start a conversation with someone when you never would…
- Go to an event (something of interest) – arrive early, mingle
- Host your own event - even if virtual
- Host or start your own meetup
- Talk to a stranger at the library!
- Start a fundraiser to support a cause of interest – us online websites for this and invite supporters to connect with you
- Go to a conference, sit in a new seat after every session, met the people next to you, invite someone to lunch/dinner
- Invite someone to talk to you (like mentor) and just listen
- Ask open-ended questions (not just yes/no answers)
- Start a blog, website, youtube channel, etc
Feel free to leave a comment and share your favorite way to network too!
Enjoying the blog? Join my email list for even actionable information!